since i’m on the go so often, i’m always looking for new snack recipes. this weekend i was looking to make something that i could take with me as i run out the door, that will fill me up, but won’t weigh me down.
i realized that my batch of bananas had over-ripened, so naturally i wanted to bake something with them…in comes banana cinnamon muffins.
these muffins only took 10 minutes to prepare and taste even better than i thought they would. coming in at under 150 calories, they are both delicious and healthy since they are low on butter and sugar, with the sweetness coming from the bananas. don’t be afraid to make your own variation of this muffin by adding extras like chocolate chips, raisins, or walnuts.
i took a couple with me to work yesterday and they filled me right up for a long day of running around. yum!
happy monday everyone!!
ingredients (serves 12 muffins):
-1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
-1/4 cup applesauce
-1/3 cup sugar
-3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
-1/4 cup milk
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. line muffin tin with baking cups.
- in a large bowl, mix together butter, apple sauce, and sugar. add the egg and continue to beat. mix in mashed bananas. stir in milk and vanilla extract.
- in a seperate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just blended.
- spoon batter evenly between the muffin cups. bake for 15-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- cool & enjoy!!
don’t forget to follow me on twitter & instagram: @thefitpalette.
“i’m just someone who likes cooking and for whom sharing food is a form of expression.” -maya angelou
^^all mixture to muffin cups.