many of you reading and following my blog know me personally. you know about my weird eating habits and my competitive spirit. you know what i do for a living and where i live.
lately, though, i’ve seen new readers popping up all over the world. for those who i’m just meeting, i thought i would do a post to share 25 random facts to get to know me better.
here we go:
- am the youngest of three children.
- was an avid nail bitter (to the point where my nails would bleed and sting), until i stopped cold turkey four years ago. now i’m obsessed with painting my nails.
- am a total stickler for grammar. (nerd moment: i took a linguistics course in university, which i would take over and over again).
- i once was a competitive trampolinist. now i like play around on the trampoline in the backyard.
- hate pop in a can, but LOVE fountain pop.
- watch reality tv shamelessly.
- cannot wait to purchase my first piece of real estate.
- have the bedtime of a grandmother. if i’m not busy, you’ll find me in bed by 8pm.
- watched hockey games in 16 out of the 30 nhl arenas.
- performed in skating shows with olympians tessa virtue & scott moir and elvis stojko.
- in another lifetime, i would be a medical aesthetician.
- not the healthiest, but my favourite comfort meal is macaroni with grated cheese.
- don’t have a personal facebook or instagram account and only have a twitter profile because i had to create one for my post grad program.
- one day hope to get my pilot’s license.
- have a bad habit of bottling up my emotions until i have a meltdown about something completely unrelated.
- have seen close to 300 concerts.
- ranch. could eat that with anything and everything.
- night in > night out.
- coolest trip i ever took was to dubai & abu dhabi, but the most beautiful place i’ve ever been was switzerland.
- have a slight case of insomnia, often waking up 2-3 times a night.
- would love to be a contestant on the amazing race.
- can’t wait to plan a trip to southeast asia.
- hope to go skydiving this year.
- thanks to my skating career, have been able to travel around europe.
- have known most of my close friends since elementary or middle school.
^^ one of the most amazing and fun experiences of my life with tessa & scott.
^^ one of the many concerts i’ve attended. & my favourite comfort food.
^^ sitting by the persian gulf in dubai.
to the new & the old and those who i’m just meeting, thank you so much for reading and following my blog. i cannot wait to continue sharing all kinds of fun stuff with you guys!
don’t forget to follow me on twitter & instagram: @thefitpalette
“start where you are. use what you have. do what you can.” –arthur ashe